Client and Supplier Privacy Notice
Balanced HR ("We") understand that your privacy is important to you and that you care about how your personal data is used. We respect and value the privacy of all of our clients and suppliers and will only collect and use personal data in ways that are described here, and in a way that is consistent with our obligations and your rights under the law.
We are a provider of outsourced human resources solutions which may entail us collecting and processing data about you, your company and your employees/workers/consultants.
Where Personal data is involved, we may act as a Data Processor on behalf of our clients (who are the Data Controllers). We carry out the services requested by our clients and only process the Personal data we receive from the client (the Data Controller):
- for the purposes of the agreed services and not for any other purpose;
- to the extent and in such a manner as is necessary for those purposes; and
- strictly in accordance with the express written authorisation and instructions of the client (which may be specific instructions or instructions of a general nature or as otherwise notified by our client, the Data Controller to us, the Data Processor).
What is personal data?
Personal data is defined by the General Data Protection Regulation (EU Regulation 2016/679) (the “GDPR”) as ‘any information relating to an identifiable person who can be directly or indirectly identified in particular by reference to an identifier’.
Personal data is, in simpler terms, any information about you that enables you to be identified. Personal data covers obvious information such as your name and contact details, but it also covers less obvious information such as identification numbers, electronic location data, and other online identifiers.
Unless subject to an exemption under the GDPR, you have the following rights which we will always work to uphold:
- The right to be informed about our collection and use of your personal data. This Privacy Notice should tell you everything you need to know, but you can always contact us to find out more or to ask any questions.
- The right to access the personal data we hold about you.
- The right to have your personal data rectified if any of your personal data held by us is inaccurate or incomplete. Please contact us to find out more.
- The right to be forgotten, i.e. the right to ask us to delete or otherwise dispose of any of your personal data that we have. Please contact us to find out more.
- The right to restrict (i.e. prevent) the processing of your personal data.
- The right to object to us using your personal data for a particular purpose or purposes.
- The right to data portability. This means that, if you have provided personal data to us, we are using it with your consent or for the performance of a contract, and that where data is processed using automated means, you can ask us for a copy of that personal data to re-use with another service or business in many cases.
- Rights relating to automated decision-making and profiling. We do not use your personal data in this way.
For more information about our use of your personal data or exercising your rights as outlined above, please contact Info@BalancedHR.co.uk.
The information we collect and process about our Suppliers
We collect information from our suppliers such as name, email and postal addresses, telephone number, business name and banking details.
We have obtained personal data from the information you have provided to us in offering your products or services or that we have obtained from your website or marketing materials. We hold and process this information in order to fulfil the agreed contractual arrangements, and in respect of our legitimate business interests in order to maintain our internal record keeping and to contact you about administrative matters and respond to any emails or calls from you.
The information we collect and process from our Clients
We collect information about you when you contact us and when you ask us to provide our services to you. Depending on the services provided to you, we may also collect and process information on your employees/workers/consultants so that we are able to fulfil the services you have requested.
In addition to business contact information such as name, job title, email and postal addresses, telephone numbers we may also process the following categories of data in order to fulfil the services you have requested that we provide to you:
Personal data including:
Special categories of data, including:
How will we use the information and what is our legal basis for doing so?
Under the GDPR, we must always have a lawful basis for using personal data. This may be because the data is necessary for our performance of a contract with you, because you have consented to our use of your personal data, or because it is in our legitimate business interests to use it. Your personal data may be used for one of the following purposes:
- As necessary for the performance of our contract with you or to take steps to enter into a contract to supply services with you. Please be assured that we only collect and process personal data that you have provided to us in order to fulfil our services to you.
- As necessary to comply with a legal obligation where you exercise your rights under data protection law and make requests and to comply with any legal obligation or lawful request
- As necessary for our legitimate interests in providing our services to you for the following purposes;
- to provide you with the services
for the governance of our business, including keeping financial records
to provide you with information about our services,
to contact you about administrative matters and to respond to any emails or calls from you
for the purposes of marketing our services
- to provide you with the services
- Based upon your Consent supplying you with information by email and/or post that you have opted-in to which you may unsubscribe or opt-out at any time by informing us at Info@BalancedHR.co.uk.
- Based upon explicit Consent provide services relating to special categories of personal data.
Withdrawing your consent
Where we are processing your personal data based on your consent, you may change your mind and withdraw your consent at any time by contacting us at Info@BalancedHR.co.uk
Sharing your personal data
Your personal data will be treated as strictly confidential and will only be shared with authorised personnel within your organisation or third parties authorised by yourself or your company (such as Associate HR Consultants or Legal Specialists or to obtain employment references), subject to one important exception.
In some limited circumstances, we may be legally required to share certain personal data, which may include yours, if we are are involved in legal proceedings or are required to comply with legal obligations, or a court order.
If any of your personal data is required by a third party, as described above, we will take steps to ensure that your personal data is handled safely, securely, and in accordance with your rights, our obligations, and the third party’s obligations under the law.
How long do we keep your personal data?
We will not keep your personal data for longer than is reasonably necessary in order to allow us to fulfil the services you have requested and/or to fulfil the obligations of any statutory obligation, contractual agreement or business relationship between ourselves and/or for as long as we have your permission to keep it. Normally this will mean that personal data will be retained for a period of up to two years after your last use of our services or your last interaction with us. We may retain personal data for longer if we believe we may need them in order to respond to any claims. We will retain contact details on our files indefinately, unless you ask us to remove them.
Providing us with your personal data
The personal data we request or that is provided to us from yourselves is necessary in order to enter into and fulfil a contract to provide outsourced HR consultancy services to you. Failure to provide the necessary personal data may result in us being unable to fulfil our contractual obligations to you.
Access to your personal data
If you want to know what personal data we have about you, you can ask us for details of that personal data and for a copy of it (where any such personal data is held). This is known as a “subject access request”.
All subject access requests should be made in writing and sent to Info@BalancedHR.co.uk. You should provide specific details (along with any relevant dates) of the information being requested and any additional information that may help us to locate your personal data and to confirm your identity.
There is not normally any charge for a subject access request. If your request is ‘manifestly unfounded or excessive’ (for example, if you make repetitive requests) a fee may be charged to cover our administrative costs in responding.
We will respond to your subject access request within 30 days of receipt of your request. Normally, we aim to provide a complete response, including a copy of your personal data within that time. In some cases, however, particularly if your request is more complex, more time may be required up to a maximum of three months from the date we receive your request. You will be kept fully informed of our progress.
Transfer of data abroad
We do not transfer personal data outside the EEA.
How do we protect your data?
We keep your personal data secure by implementing policies, procedures and security controls so that only authorised members of our staff can access your personal data.
We protect our IT systems with firewalls, anti-virus and anti-malware software and other security technology solutions such as encryption.
We cannot guarantee the security of your personal data when you transmit it to us. Therefore, if you email us your personal data, you should be aware that email is not a secure transmission method. As such, you acknowledge and accept that we cannot guarantee the security of your personal data transmitted to us and that any such transmission is at your own risk. Once we have received your personal data, we will use our internal processes and security features to prevent unauthorised access.
Where we have given you a password which enables you to access a service or documentation, you are responsible for keeping this password confidential. We ask that you do not share passwords with anyone.
Automated decision making
We do not use any form of automated decision making in our business.
If we wish to use your personal data for a new purpose, not covered by this Privacy Notice, then we will provide you with a new notice explaining this new use prior to commencing the processing and setting out the relevant purposes and processing conditions.
How to contact us
How to make a complaint
To exercise all relevant rights, queries or complaints please in the first instance contact Info@BalancedHR.co.uk.
If this does not resolve your complaint to your satisfaction, you have the right to lodge a complaint with the Information Commissioners Office.
We will keep our privacy notice under regular review and will update as necessary. Any changes will be communicated via our website and we recommend that you consult this page so that you are aware of our latest privacy notice. Your continued use of our services shall constitute your acceptance of any revised privacy notice.
Add your main page content here...